Monday 14 February 2011

Vaseline Commercial

Sometime in December 2010 we were told to create and shoot a commercial of some sort. There were no rules, no guidelines, no basic point to start off with (like our other exercises). We were just told to go shoot a commercial about anything. The only rule we had was that it had to be 30-60 seconds long and we had only* about 3 hours to shoot it.

I decided to do a commercial on a product I truly believe in (cheesy, I know). If I'm going to make a commercial/an attempt to make the audience buy my product, then it has to be something I actually use. Therefore I decided to do it on Vaseline Lip Balm Therapy. I use this lip balm every single day (well now I have to because I bought like 50). And no, Vaseline didn't pay me to say this/make this commercial. I'm pretty sure that if they catch me posting this around the internet they will sue me. In the events that Vaseline does see this and are pissed off I should say that USE VASELINE, THEY KEEP YOUR LIPS MOIST AND SMOOTH AND SEDUCTIVE. THEY'RE ALSO GOOD FOR A NUMBER OF THINGS SUCH AS LUBE AND PRESERVING FOOTBALLS.

I needed girls and a make-up artist. Crew we're provided by the school (my class mates). I posted up an advert on www.castingcallpro.com and within a day 20 plus girls replied to me saying that they were willing to be in my student commercial for no money (win!). I couldn't use all 20 girls so I picked the girls that were the most dedicated. By dedicated I mean they answered and replied to my messages. I had to pay for the make-up artist but it was totally worth it. All in all I spent about 85 quid on this commercial.

Here it is:


Some of the quality was lost 'cause I had to compress it to put it online. Sucks, I know.

I directed, edited and wrote it. 

Enjoy!

T.Tchab's out!

*I say 'only' because my teacher used that word. Apparently, 3 hours for a 30-60 second commercial is not enough. I agreed with her at the time but then it took me a bit less than 2 hours to shoot. 

1 comment:

  1. dude this is actually really good. keep it up mate

    ReplyDelete