Friday 18 February 2011

April Short Film

On the 9th and 10th of April I will be shooting my first proper short film as a Met Film School student. I've created other short films before the MFS but they're all pretty much crap. If they were on my laptop in London I would've love to share it with you guys but unfortunately they're back home in Dubai. 

My short film is about a girl called Katherine, who has an overdose on painkillers and is rushed to the hospital. The film takes place in a therapists office. There's about to be an interrogation to see whether or not Katherine is in danger to herself and whether or not she needs to be put into a rehabilitation. Katherine isn't suicidal, however she does have a problem. Her boyfriend is a con artist and they're constantly skipping town and changing their identities which leaves Katherine with an identity crisis. She doesn't know who she is anymore. Katherine however doesn't realize she has an identity problem, and she thinks she is being very clever into tricking the therapist into thinking she is 'normal'. With each an every question the therapist asks Katherine begins to realize how she doesn't have a sense of who she is and slowly breaks down.

So yeah, that's my story in a nutshell. The short film will be shot on a 7D camera and will be conveyed through flashbacks and voiceovers. I have a thing for voiceovers and apparently that's not a good thing. I don't know why though. Some of my favorite films have voiceovers - Kick-ass, American Beauty, Forrest Gump, Fight Club, Adaptation, Shawshank Redemption and the list goes on.

I'll post my script online later. I've only done the second draft so far but I'll still post it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment