Sunday 20 February 2011

My Edits of 'Wondrous Oblivion' Scenes.

I just finished a 3 week module on 'creative editing'. We were given rushes from different scenes from two movies: Wondrous Oblivion and I Want Candy. Watching the movies after editing these scenes, I believe that the majority of the students in my class could've done a better job than what was used on screen. I do understand that we aren't editing the whole movie and that leads us to spending more time on the scenes and also we aren't cutting lines as we don't have time limit for the scenes, unlike in feature films. I will put the I Want Candy scene in a different post as I think there is a limit to how many videos you can upload on one post. Or my laptop is being stupid and not letting me.



This is a scene from Wondrous Oblivion called Noisy Neighbours. The annoying thing about editing this scene as the boy is a really crap actor and when watching the rushes you can hear the crew members talking to him and telling him what to do. So I had to change the audio tracks a couple of times. Also when the mother is looking up she is listening to the music the neighbours are playing. We weren't allowed to put music so can just hear thuds going on.






The shots we were given were all close-ups and we had to imagine where each person is sitting without being given a master shot (I don't even think the director shot a master shot). The only issue I have with these rushes is that the little girl looks out of place and it's really annoying but we weren't given any other shots. I guess you have to make do with what you have as an editor. This editing exercise was to focus on camera and eye line.




This is another scene from Wondrous Oblivion (my school produced it, that's why we had access to the rushes and that's why so many of our exercises are based on this movie). Had to play around with the audio levels as they were a bit wonky.


Again, the videos had to be compressed in order to put them online that's why the look shite. I still hope you enjoy them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment